Sports Recovery and Infrared Sauna
For the athlete that wants to keep their body ready to compete and work towards preventing injuries, our Sports Recovery team is there to work out an individual plan that meets your needs.
Sports Recovery Sessions
Don’t be fooled by the name, our Sport Recovery Sessions are not just for athletes. These sessions are also designed to help you with issues such as carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder, sciatic pain, chronic back and knee pain. Our team will work with you to increase range of mobility and increased longevity. Our Sports Recovery team utilizes a wide variety of modalities including:
- Normatec Compression Therapy Unit
- Marc Pro E-Stim Unit
- Theragun Vibration Therapy
- Rockblade Mohawk tool for Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Rock Tape Taping
- RockPod Cupping for Myofascial decompression
- Trigger point therapies, stretching, foam rolling and other hands-on techniques for recovery and restoration
30 Minute: $39
60 Minute: $65
The Normatec Compression units are designed to enhance blood flow and in turn speed up recovery, unit employs three key techniques—pulsing, distal release, and gradients—all to maximize your recovery.
HOW IT WORKS:
Instead of using static compression (squeezing) to transport fluid out of the limbs, NormaTec Pulse Technology uses dynamic compression (pulsing).
This type of pulsing action more effectively mimics the muscle pump of the legs and arms, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the limbs after an intense workout.
Veins and lymphatic vessels have one-way valves that prevent fluid backflow. Similarly, the compression unit uses hold pressures to keep fluids from being forced in the wrong direction.
Because of this enhancement, instead of tapering pressure off, the compression unit can deliver maximum pressure in every zone.
Because extended static pressure can be detrimental to the body’s normal circulatory flow, Sequential Pulse Technology releases the hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow.
By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
Pricing: $15/session, membership options available.
Why an Infrared Sauna?
The natural healing comes from the ability of Infrared to penetrate human tissue. This helps your body get back into balance in a number of ways:
- Detox: Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal & stay healthy. Far infrared sauna use causes a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Relax: Infrared is a gentle, soothing and therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improved sleep.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows using an infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
- Rejuvenate Skin: Near infrared saunas provide the most effective wavelength for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Cell Health: Near infrared sauna therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Weight Loss: Studies have shown that an infrared sauna therapy session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
- Relieve Pain: Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, and speeds up recovery time.
- Improve Circulation: Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Heal Wounds: Near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth.
Pricing: $15/session (memberships available)
Far Infrared and Your Body
Infrared sauna therapy heats the body directly rather than simply warming the air, it raises the core body temperature and produces a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where most toxins reside. In addition, far infrared saunas aid in blood pressure reduction & weight loss, burning up to 600 calories in one session!